Saturday, March 29, 2014

SATURDAY COMEDY SHOWCASE #5: "The Walnuts" [WALTONS Parody] from CRAZY MAGAZINE #3, 1974



Albie's Note:  When I was a kid in the early '70s, there were basically 3 humor mags aimed at our pre-adolescent, rebellious funny-bones:  MAD, [of course] CRACKED, and CRAZY.   The last one was Marvel Comics' late-in-the-day shot at this market, and it always seemed to be our third and last choice for "late-night-flashlight" comedic reading.   Still, it had it's moments, and this satire on the classic drama THE WALTONS-- a huge, and I mean HUGE TV hit at the time--  is about as laugh-out-loud funny as anything I've ever read.   I actually love THE WALTONS, but this devastating parody really cracked me up!
 
"First, John-Boob, can you help me short-sheet the north 40?"
 





 
 
 
PEACE
 

2 comments:

Oscar Case said...

Hilarious!

Albie The Good said...

OSCAR: I know! I am such a big WALTONS fan I almost hated myself for laughing so much! :D